So glad to be apart of this!! My first casting with the Baltimore Charm City Filmmakers!!
So if your in the Maryland.
Several Short Films Seeking Many Actors
Charm City Filmmakers is producing nine different short films written and directed by its members. Actors can audition for up to three roles. It is possible for an actor to be in more than one film. You will be auditioning in front of all the directors and any director may ask you to read for one of their other roles.
First round of auditions will be on Saturday, January 26th and Sunday, January 27th in downtown Baltimore. Each individual film will be filmed on a single weekend. Shooting will be in spring in the Baltimore area. Actors will be compensated with credits, copy, and craft.
The Clown Statue: An obsessed and vivacious young woman seeks revenge on her two timing lover by presenting herself as a “gift.”
• Robyn (Primary): Female, 20 to 35 years old. A vivacious and sultry young lady who is obsessed with Mark.
• Mark (Primary): Male, 20 to 35 years old. A handsome, charming, and heartless young man who is dating Julia, but seeing Robyn on the side.
• Julia (Supporting): Female, 20 to 35 years old. Is sweet and a goody two shoes. She is Mark’s all-American girlfriend and is unaware of Mark’s two timing.
Tapes: When he acquires a VCR that can shift reality itself, a man’s normal life becomes a riptide of obsession, sensation, and paranoia.
• Greg (Primary): Male, 18 to 26 years old. Greg is odd. Nice, but considered a bit eccentric by his friends. He has a tendency to get too wrapped up in his own head, which can end badly for the people around him.
• Liz (Primary): Female, 18 to 26 years old. Liz is Greg’s girlfriend. She cares about her friends and Greg especially. Sweet, but can certainly be tough when she needs to.
• Alex (Supporting): Male, 18 to 26 years old. Alex is Greg’s friend. He sarcastic, and tends to give people a hard time. A guy who’s a bit to get used to, but people like him anyway.
• Mike (Supporting): Male, 18 to 26 years old. Mike is Greg’s friend. He’s quiet, the kind of guy who’s along for the ride, but does his best to keep people civil.
Divine Psychology: An engaged couple (Joseph and Mary from the Bible) travel into the future to attend marriage counseling due to Mary’s upcoming pregnancy with a baby where Joseph is not the father.
• Mary (Primary): Female, 17 to 24 years old. Mary is engaged to Joseph. She is kind, regal, very elegant, yet also very strong. She is pregnant by God to carry Jesus, the Savior of the world, yet is afraid Joseph will not marry her and help her raise the baby.
• Joseph (Primary): Male, 28 to 35 years old. Joseph is engaged to Mary. He is mild mannered but is in excruciating pain and anger for Mary being pregnant with a child that is not his. He is considering breaking up with her, but he is conflicted because he loves her. He does not believe God impregnated her.
• Doctor Gabriel (Primary): Male, 57 to 67 years old. Dr. Gabriel is Mary and Joseph’s relationship counselor. A nice, gentle, and intelligent man. He is really an Angel from the Lord helping them not only fulfill Mary’s destiny but helping them stay together.
Lucky Day: Two women try to win the affection of a neighborhood plumber when they believe it is truly their lucky day, after their favorite political candidate wins the election.
• Jax (Primary): Female, 30 to 50 years old, Caucasian. A heavy-set, assertive, strong-willed, loud, (slightly) southern tomboy who is funny, mostly accidentally, and rather unkempt. Determined to get her way but still caring.
• LeAnne (Primary): Female, 30 to 50 years old, Caucasian. The sidekick to Jax. A caring heart but not very smart. Also slightly southern and unkempt. Loves junk food and making Jax happy. Goes with the flow.
• Rick (Supporting): Male, 50 to 75 years old, Caucasian. A polite gentleman who is just trying to complete a honest day’s work. Unknowingly handsome but lightly timid. A real life, George Clooney. NOTE: Must be willing to grow and/or shave off mustache and/or beard and must have thick gray hair.
• News Anchor 1 (Voiceover): Loves news.
• News Anchor 2 (Voiceover): Loves the news slightly more.
Legal Notice: A young African-American man intelligently plays on a cop’s emotions to avoid an altercation or arrest.
• Marcus (Primary): Male, 18 to 35 years old, African-American. Very intelligent, extremely relaxed young man who’s used to things going his way.
• Officer (Primary): Male, 20 to 60 years old, Caucasian. Tough police officer dealing with marital problems.
• Malcolm (Supporting): Male, 18 to 35 years old. Witty and funny philosophical type, also intelligent. Marcus’ best friend and business partner.
Vaporwave: A dark comedy short about a man obsessed with the musical styles and aesthetics of vaporwave. So much so that he has to tell everyone about it, even when he is with a prostitute.
• Man (Primary): Male, 30 to 50 years old. Nerdy, almost autistic in his mannerism, he is tall and large. Heavy set preferred.
• Woman (Supporting): Female, 25 to 50 years old. She’s a prostitute, but with class.
Shattered: Aaliyah gets her dream of being accepted at Halstead Academy which quickly turns into a nightmare.
• Aaliyah (Primary): Female, 16 to 18 years old, African-American. Aaliyah is a creative writing major student at a new school where she isn’t very much welcomed.
• Chase (Primary): Male, 16 to 18 years old, Caucasian. Chase was the big man on campus who feels dethroned when Aaliyah arrives at the school.
• Spencer (Supporting): Male, 16 to 18 years old, Caucasian. Spencer is a tortured young man who feels his life has now changed for the better after meeting Aaliyah.
• Darr (Supporting): Female, 16 to 18 years old, Caucasian. Darr is the first true friend Aaliyah makes at the school. She’s very sweet, colorful and spunky.
• Baron (Supporting): Male, 16 to 18 years old, Caucasian. Baron is a jerk from top to bottom. The only true redeeming quality beyond his talent is his love for his twin sister.
Stowaway: A pilot is forced to make a horrific decision after a desperate woman stows away on his space ship.
• Pilot (Primary): Male, 30 to 50 years old. Pilot is quiet man with a normally quiet job. He enjoys the isolation of his work.
• Alicia (Primary): Female, 20 to 30 years old. Alicia is an “indenture”, sold into slavery when she was young. Now she is hoping to escape her life.
• Commissioner (Supporting): 40 to 60 years old. Commissioner has been watching over his pilots for years against the constant pressure of upper management.
To schedule an audition time, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Times will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. Please include which roles you would like to read for and the sides for those roles and audition time will be sent to you. Actors must be able to audition in person. All of the auditions will be recorded for later review by the directors.
Charm City Filmmakers
Hey guys come check out my interview as Casting Director!!
Hey guys come and check out one of the newest web series “Behind The Set.” And be sure to check out my segment! Stay tune!